Saturday, July 11, 2015

Oaxaca Temple




I went to the Oaxaca Temple this weekend. It was a long trip in a short amount of time. I went with the ward here. It is an 8 hour bus ride there. So we left at 10 pm, got there at 6, started sessions and baptisms, ate lunch, did a little shopping and walking around, then got on the bus to head back to Pachuca again. So I'm definitely sick of buses and excited to sleep horizontally and actually get some sleep tonight. But it was so nice to go to the temple. It was a little different since it was in Spanish, but since I know what they are saying with baptisms and confirmations, it still felt the same. So that was my exciting weekend.


Oaxaca Mexico Mormon TempleSince I couldn't sleep on the bus I had lots of time to ponder life and read scriptures and such. Lately I realized that I am going to need a mission scripture, so I spent some time trying to look for one. There are so many awesome scriptures about mission work! But I have no idea which one I want to use for my mission scripture. So the hunt goes on.


I really do like Mosiah 18:8-11 though. I think part of it is scripture mastery saying "stand as witnesses of God at all times and in all things, and in all places" but I really like the next verses that say:

"10 Now I say unto you, if this be the desire of your hearts, what have you against being baptized in the name of the Lord, as a witness before him that ye have entered into a covenant with him, that ye will serve him and keep his commandments, that he may pour out his Spirit more abundantly upon you?

11 And now when the people had heard these words, they clapped their hands for joy, and exclaimed: This is the desire of our hearts."

Like, how much more logical can you get? You love God and agree with his teachings? Ok, get baptized! Don't forget to clap your hands for joy. :) I love it when scriptures say thing like clap your hands for joy. It makes it feel more real and it makes me realize that they were real, normal humans that these scriptures are written about. Not perfect vs. satanic robots that walk around properly saying thees and thous.

No comments:

Post a Comment