Friday, July 24, 2015

Swimming with Dolphins

I finally got to check something off of my bucket list that I've been wanting to do forever! Today I swam with dolphins! It was so amazing. Dolphins are such talented and smart, beautiful creatures. I didn't buy the pictures of me because the cheapest option was $90 USD. Which is more than what I paid to swim with dolphins, so nope. The pictures are things I did, just not of me.

So it was me and this cute little family from India in my group: mom, dad, and 13ish year old son. They had awesome accents and the mom like repeated everything the trainer said and was bossing around the dad and son. It was hilarious. The son was also really grumpy and mad at his dad for some strange reason, and he was attempting to not smile and be grumpy while swimming with the dolphins, but a smile kept popping out of his face because, dolphins, duh! Preteens...

Image result for swim with dolphinsImage result for swim with dolphinsImage result for swim with dolphins splashImage result for swim with dolphins splash

So lots of awesome things swimming around with them, dancing, and actually doing some commands myself to have the dolphins jump and splash and stuff.

Then came the best part, the foot push! So you lay like superman in the water, and two dolphins push your feet and you fly across the pool! It was so cool. I felt like I was going to take off and start flying.
Image result for swim with dolphins foot pushImage result for swim with dolphins foot push

Then once you make it across the pool, the trainers blow their whistle and the dolphins immediately stop and swim back to them, which left me to face plant ever so gracefully into the water. Totally not expecting that. One of the guys that went after me heard the whistle and dove into the water. Wish I would've known that earlier, that's ok. I probably would have looked even stupider because my dive would have ended up being a bellyflop anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment